Dragonwatch 2: Wrath of the Dragon Kingby: Brandon Mull
Dragons have declared war on humanity
After a humiliating defeat at the hands of Kendra and Seth, Celebrant, King of Dragons, prepares to unleash his fury and take control of his native preserve. Two of the seven dragon sanctuaries have already fallen. Will Wyrmroost be next?
Armed with secret information from a new ally, Celebrant seeks a talisman that will guarantee victory in the war against the humans. With a cursed castle and traitorous creatures standing in the way, Kendra and Seth must attempt to foil Celebrant’s plan and beat him to his prize.
Will the two young caretakers rally enough support from the creatures of Wyrmroost to quell the uprising and protect the world from draconic dominion? One thing is certain—dragons are deadly foes, and one wrong move could bring swift defeat. It will take more than Kendra, Seth, and their current allies have ever given to endure the wrath of the Dragon King.
- Dragonwatch series debut in SPR 17 was a bestseller: #1 WSJ/AP Bestseller, #1 PW Children’s Bestseller, #4 Overall PW Bestseller, #17 USA Today Bestseller, NYT Bestseller.
- Book one featured unrest and the threat of a dragon uprising. Book two features significantly greater danger because Celebrant has declared war against humans. Kendra and Seth must obtain a talisman called the dominion stone to defeat Celebrant. The stone has the power to bestow or remove magic.
- For the first time we see Celebrant in his human avatar form, as featured on the cover of book 2, and in this form his is very vulnerable, especially when his magic is stripped away as he enters the cursed castle. Seth and Kendra interact with him as a human avatar and we get to know the King of the Dragons more fully.
- Knox and Tess, young cousins of Kendra and Seth, will accidentally discover the world of mythical and magical creatures. Knox drinks the magical milk to see the magical nature of Wyrmroost. Tess doesn’t need the milk. Her pure belief allows her to see and communicate with fairies and other magical beings. She will also befriend a dragon at Wyrmroost who becomes her ally.
- Kendra is now able to speak to a dragon by herself without experiencing dragon terror. Seth wants the same independence as Kendra. He’s jealous that his sister has accomplished something he can’t do.
- Tanu, a favorite character from the Fablehaven series, will return in Dragonwatch 2. In addition, Kendra and Seth will discover the Zomali Protectorate-the realm of talking animals within Wyrmroost. They will also be introduced to a greater fairy-sometimes called a fairy godmother. And they will meet Ronodin, the dark unicorn and the greatest enemy of all fairydom.
Dragonwatch 2 Title
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Publish Date: 2018
Page Count: 416