As of January 1, 2022, ALL submissions to Shadow Mountain Publishing or Ensign Peak must be represented by a literary agent.
Shadow Mountain Publishing, however, will open to unagented and unsolicited manuscripts ONLY during the following dates:
March 1 through March 7
June 1 through June 7
September 1 through September 7
December 1 through December 7
Unagented and unsolicited manuscripts submitted at any other time will be discarded without review.
Shadow Mountain Publishing is passionate about clean content and empowering values. We publish general fiction and nonfiction for all ages.
We are currently looking for
- empathy-building, contemporary middle grade novels
- middle grade fantasy
- historical romance (Regency, Victorian, Edwardian, etc.)
- women’s fiction
- YA fiction
- general fiction
- historical fiction
- historical nonfiction
- inspirational nonfiction
- middle grade nonfiction
- religious content for non-denominal audience
We are NOT interested in the following genres: science fiction, business and finance, family histories/personal journals, poetry, children’s picture books, or previously self-published projects.
Our Ensign Peak imprint specializes in books that are religious in nature but are intended for a general, nondenominational audience. Please submit manuscripts intended for this imprint through Shadow Mountain Publishing.
To submit your manuscript, please follow these steps:
1. Read our submission guidelines here.
2. Because we use Submittable.com to facilitate our submission process, please create a user name and password below. This will allow for easy communication regarding your submission.
3. Allow up to sixteen weeks for us to complete the review process and reply to you with our decision.
Shadow Mountain Publishing